Applications in Massdriver are bundles. 🤯
Everything in the Bundle Guide applies to applications. The application bundle code is rigging to run your application in the cloud and connect to it services.
We've got some great getting started tutorials on YouTube.
Additionally, applications have a few other characteristics:
- IAM Roles (AWS) or Service Accounts (GCP / Azure) are automatically created for your app to manage IAM with principle of least privilege.
- They are container-based (VMs are on our roadmap).
- Ability to generate environment variables via the application package's parameters or connections.
- Ability to programmatically select IAM Policies & Permissions from infrastructure components.
- AWS Lambda
- Azure App Service
- GCP Cloud Run
- GCP VMs
- Kubernetes Deployments (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
- Kubernetes Cronjobs (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
- Kubernetes Jobs (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
Additional application runtimes can be supported by adding a runtime template here.