Applications in Massdriver are bundles. 🤯
Everything in the Bundle Guide applies to applications. The application bundle code is rigging to run your application in the cloud and connect to it services.
Additionally, applications have a few other characteristics:
- IAM Roles (AWS) or Service Accounts (GCP / Azure) are automatically created for your app to manage IAM with principle of least privilege.
- They are container based (VMs are on our roadmap).
- Ability to generate environment variables via the application package's parameters or connections.
- Ability to programatically select IAM Policies & Permissions from infrastructure components.
- AWS Lambda
- Azure App Service
- GCP Cloud Run
- GCP VMs
- Kubernetes Deployments (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
- Kubernetes Cronjobs (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
- Kubernetes Jobs (EKS, AKS, GKE, & On-prem)
Additional application runtimes can be supported by adding a runtime template here.